Sunday, March 25, 2012

Stand Up and Speak Up.

I'm back...trying to give this blog a more educational approach.  I still want you to Come Get Your Kids, and I still want you to go get the parents of those kids because this is one of the problems with America...too many lost souls all over the place living in ignorance and vicariously through Fox News and Geraldo Rivera.

If you live in America, I personally hold you responsible for a few things...

  1. Know American History beyond public school education
  2. Know when you're wrong
  3. Know which battles are yours to fight and not fight
Race Relations in America are at an all time high.  There is a select group of people who believe racism does not exist....It's more than just the "black and white" issue.  Open your eyes! There are tons of different kinds of people in American these days....but no kind of people we as mistreated as African Americans were.  I challenge EVERY citizen or resident of the USA to take a walk in a black man or woman's shoes...It's more than just being black... Try being stripped away from your country without your consent...try being chained and shackled, and working from sun up to sundown in the sweltering heat.  Try having your family being ripped apart and bought and sold in different states and counties.  Try being raped by a person who owns you and having no justice or voice on the matter.  Try watching your brother, or son, or father being accused of raping a white woman because he looked at her.  I dare you to try.  Try being told you have to sit in the back of the bus because you're black, or being denied a seat at a restaurant because you've got your own to go to.  Try watching your son being lynched infront of a blood hungry crowd full of white men, women, and children cheering and applauding.  Try having your teacher tell you there's no hope for you.  Try getting pulled over by the police because your seat is laid back, and your music is loud, or because "you fit the description of a person who just committed a crime."  Try having people on National News stations tell you that your people have the highest unemployment rate (gee, I wonder the fuck why!) Try not getting that job you wanted because other applicants have lighter skin than you. Try getting shot in the back because you were wearing a hoodie and walking through a predominately "white" neighborhood.  THIS my friends, is how it is to be black in America.  Having to get used to being judged or profiled or even ignored by society is NOT normal folks. Not at all.  Most people who did not have to go through these things over history take their perfect little lives for granted....

I'm not here to say that all white people suck...I've said this before and then met some white people who are just like me and completely tired of others' ignorance.  To be white in America has become a burden for me...I see a lot of racism on the inside...a lot.  I've heard people refer to black people as "jiggaboos" when my friends weren't around. What the fuck does that even mean??  I've heard hispanics been called "wetbacks" or "spics" or "beaners" when they weren't present to defend themselves.  Hearing this from people who on the outside look just like me....breaks my heart. A lot of people like that will say those kinds of things because they believe their are in "good company."  I have news for you....just because we both lack color pigment doesn't mean I'm going to agree with you at all.  It's time to stand up and SPEAK UP!

Reader...I challenge you to pick up a book you would have never read, or a movie you would have never watched, or listen to someone you would have never thought you'd listen to... LEARN something new about your country and its' inhabitants.  Be great.  Don't let your children grow up to be privy to snide racial remarks. Don't teach them color....teach them history, tell them the truth. 

I'll leave you with this....
RIP Trayvon Martin.  You're not here today to speak for yourself, so I'm here today to be a voice for you....God Bless your family and friends for losing such a good kid.


Oh and uhhh...take this chick instead.

By the way...here is the link she shared if anyone wants to read it and continue to disagree with her. (I'm Carly).  ----> http://bit.ly/GO3Gud 

No comments:

Post a Comment